We’ve been monitoring the fast-moving COVID-19 virus situation carefully over the past few days, as announcements from government come thick and fast. Here at Imperial Hotel, we are extremely mindful of the health and wellbeing of both our fabulous team, as well as you, our valued business and leisure customers. We also want to ensure that we can continue with business as usual as long as possible and as much as is feasible.
With this in mind we wanted to give you a brief update on what’s going on at Imperial Hotel as regards Coronavirus.
- We currently have no reported cases of our staff, their families or any of our suppliers having contracted the illness.
- All our team are fully briefed on the latest situation and guidelines provided by the government as regards diligent hand washing and social distancing. On arrival for their shift, all staff are having their temperature taken.
- Our cleaning standards are widely recognised to be extremely high, however now, more than ever, our team is redoubling their efforts to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness throughout the hotel.
- All touch points in all public areas are being sanitised at least three times a day. All guests are being asked to use hand sanitizer gel on arrival.
- Soap and hand sanitizer gel are available for guests to use in our loos and for staff to use in our back of house locations.
- Currently, all our restaurants are open and operating as normal. However, please can we politely ask you not to come out to eat if you feel unwell, with whatever symptoms you may have. There are many other bugs, common colds and the flu around in addition to Coronavirus at this time of year. We are inviting all guests to have a non-invasive temperature check on arrival as a precaution.
- Hotel bedrooms are still available for overnight or longer stays. Every room is cleaned daily and is deep cleaned between staying visitors. Breakfast will be served daily on The Terrace. Dinner can also be eaten on The Terrace, in Bar Fizz or in the Victoria Suite.
- Our cancellation policy has been updated as regards events and special break bookings. Our room booking cancellation policy remains the same: cancellations can be made free of charge up until 2pm on the day before arrival.
We will continue to monitor the situation hour by hour, and will provide further updates in due course, ensuring that we follow government advice. In remaining open, we aim to ensure everyone remains safe and well, but that also, we still have a viable business when this is over.
Very best wishes,
Nick & Aileen