We know you're missing being here as much as we are missing having you to stay. It's still a very strange time for hospitality businesses as the government starts to ease lockdown restrictions. We'd hoped to be giving our guests all sorts of updates this week about what we are going to do here at Imperial Hotel to ensure your stay is Covid-Secure, but sadly our Inbox remains empty with no official guidelines issued as yet. And we don't want to jump the gun!
We, like many others, are working on the assumption that hotels and restaurants will be permitted to open their doors on 4 July, but we have taken the decision that we willl re-open on Saturday 1 August. This will give us enough time to ensure that we are truly Covid Secure to welcome you, and for our fabulous team to receive the required training. Online booking for stays from Saturday 1 August is NOW OPEN.
In the meantime, Aileen has written a fiendish quiz to find out HOW MUCH do you know about Imperial Hotel? Aficionados will breeze through ....
Simply email your entry to us by 5pm on Sunday 5 July. The entry with the most correct answers will win a two night stay for two, including a delicious breakfast every morning.
And whereas consulting Google is strictly banned at a quiz night at the hotel, for this quiz you're free to phone a friend, ask a member of your household, or to do a bit of internet research to track down your answers if you really must.
Simply email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org, to arrive at Imperial Hotel by no later than 1700 hours on Sunday 5 July 2020. The entry with the most correct answers will win a two night stay for two, including our superb à la carte breakfast served to your table every morning. In the event of a tie, entries will go into a hat and a winner drawn. Perfect for a treat when lockdown is over.
Aileen's Fiendish Hotel Quiz
1. When was the hotel built?
2. Which former member of staff's name is on a plaque on a bench at the front door?
3. What was Café Cru previously called?
4. When was The Terrace built?
5. What happened to the hotel during the Second World War?
6. What was the name of the member of staff who worked in the hotel for over 50 years?
7. What is our longest serving signature dish?
8. Name three of the four chefs who worked in the hotel before going on to open their own restaurants.
9. What was Bar Fizz previously called?
10. How many bedrooms are there in the hotel?
11. How many AA rosettes does Café Cru have?
12. What award did the hotel most recently win?
13. What is the name of the sandbank you can see from the front of the hotel?
14. Which mother and son duo currently work at the hotel?
15. How many wind turbines can you see from the hotel?
16. What is the hotel dog called?
17. What used to be opposite Imperial Hotel before the carpark?
18. How many AA stars does the hotel have?
19. How many years has Nick worked full time at the hotel?
20. How many generations of the family have owned and run the hotel?
21. How many marked car parking spaces are there?
22. How many electric car charging ports are there?
23. Not counting Nick and Aileen, who is currently the longest serving member of staff?
24. How many family suites are there?
25. Which current members of staff got married in the hotel?
26. What are the names of the four Luxury rooms?
27. What used to be in the space where The Terrace now stands?
28. What happens on a Thursday night?
29. How long have Nick and Aileen been married?
30. What are Nick & Aileen's children called?
31. And finally, please state 'yes' or 'no' or 'aready on it' in response to the question: Are you happy for us to add your email address to our email marketing list and to receive email updates from Imperial Hotel?
Best of luck!
Aileen looks forward to receiving your answers, emailed to email@example.com by no later than 1700 hours on Sunday 5 July 2020. The winner will be announced no later than Monday 13 July and will be contacted via email.
Terms & Conditions and other small print
- There is 1 prize of 1 two night bed & breakfast stay for two adults available. The prize is as stated. There is no cash alternative. The 2 night stay can be taken from October to March, excluding Christmas, New Year & Valentine's.
· The quiz is open to UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding Imperial Hotel employees and their relatives.
· Closing date for entries is 1700 BST on Sunday 5 July 2020.
· Entrants must answer the questions by submitting their answers by email (or on a postcard if you really want) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only 1 entry per person. Make sure you're confident before you press send on your email! Entries posted on social media will not be counted and might spoil the fun for everyone else.
· The email addresses of those entrants who answer 'yes' to question 31 will be added to Imperial Hotel's email marketing database. The email addresses of those entrants who answer 'already on it' will be retained. The email addresses of those who answer 'no' to question 31 will be deleted within 30 days, once the winner is notified and confirmed.
· The winner will be the person who correctly answers all questions, or in the event of a tie, the person whose entry is the first one pulled out of a hat.
· In the event of there being no winner, the prize will roll over to the next lockdown quiz.
· The winner will be informed by reply to their email entry within 7 days of the closing date. The winner will need to reply within 7 days to claim their prize. The winner's name will be announced on our blog and on social media.
· The winner’s name will be available on request.
· The promoter is Imperial Hotel (Great Yarmouth) Ltd.
· By participating in this competition, entrants confirm they have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
· This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or any other third party.